We are pleased to announce that the Premier of New South Wales, The Hon. Barry O'Farrell MP, will be opening the 2012 Creating Open Government Conference on Tuesday 21 August 2012 at 9:00am.
Message from Deirdre O'Donnell, NSW Information Commissioner
It is my great pleasure to invite you to attend the '2012 Creating Open Government' conference, being hosted by the New South Wales Information and Privacy Commission from 20 - 22 August 2012 in Sydney. This event is one of a series being hosted by Information Access Commissioners around the country. Previous conferences were held in Brisbane and Canberra. Now it is Sydney's turn.
We have speakers and participants coming from around the country as well as an international guest speaker - all gathering to discuss and share ideas on how to improve transparency and promote confidence in government by increasing access to government information
The themes of 'access', 'engagement' and 'accountability' will be explored by our guest speakers or debated in workshops aimed at right to information and privacy practitioners as well as managers with responsibility in ICT strategy.
Please join us to hear some fascinating perspectives on what open government means and how it can benefit society. I am sure you will find excellent opportunities to develop new connections and share information about how to bring 'open government' to life.
» The Hon Greg Smith SC MP
- NSW Attorney General
» Bruce Barbour
- NSW Ombudsman
» Dr Michele Bruniges
- Director-General, Department of Education & Communities, NSW
» Michael Coutts-Trotter
- Director General, NSW Department of Finance and Services
» Peter Duncan
- Chief Executive, Roads and Maritime Services
» Professor Geoff Gallop
- Providing the Solomon Lecture
» Dr David Goldberg
- Senior Visiting Fellow, University of London
» Stephen Horne
- Chief Executive, Internal Audit Bureau
» Allison Hornery
- Director / Co-founder, Cofluence
» Professor John McMillan AO
- Australian Information Commissioner
» Deirdre O'Donnell
- New South Wales Information Commissioner
» Professor Mary O'Kane
- NSW Chief Scientist and Engineer
» Martin Stewart-Weeks
- Director, Global Public Sector Practice, Internet Business Solutions Group, Cisco
» Pia Waugh